3 lbs Mushrooms shiitake stem removed
2 sprigs Whole rosemary
2 sprigs Whole thyme
1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive oil
1 Whole Egg
1/2 Small Onion, small dice
1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese
2 tbs Breadcrumbs
1 tbs Parsley Italian
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450. Place herbs on sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place shiitake mushrooms on sheet tray; sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes; remove and let cool.
- Pulse in food processor until chopped medium finely.
- Place onions in heavy bottom sauté pan with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook slowly until lightly caramelized. Let cool.
Place mushrooms & onions in mixing bowl and mix well. Add eggs, parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Roll into 1 inch balls. Chill.
At pick up, drop in a fryer at 350 until lightly golden.
Each Order is 5-6 pieces.
Yield: 40 meatballs.
1/4 lb Instant polenta
2 cup Water
1/2 tsp Salt
1 oz Parmesan cheese
1 oz Heavy cream
2 oz Butter
Bring water to a boil with the salt. Slowly whisk in polenta and cook for 5-7 minutes. Add Parmesan Cheese and Heavy Cream. Cover immediately with plastic wrap to prevent film from forming.
1/2 lb Fresh basil, stems removed
1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
Add the basil to boiling water for 45 seconds to 1 minute. Remove to a bowl of ice water to stop it from further cooking. Wring out all excess water, chop roughly and add to a blender. Add the olive oil and blend until smooth. Strain through cheesecloth into a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Yield: 1 Cup.