World’s Best Small Ship Cruise Line unveils 13 new voyages including cruises in Puerto Rico and Iceland
We have opened our 2016 voyages for sale today. The collection features 11 new voyages and 30 new ports of call. Highlights for the Caribbean voyages include Windstar Cruises first time sailing from San Juan, Puerto Rico. The itinerary features a stop at Little Bay, Montserrat, where Windstar Cruises will be the first cruise line to make regular calls since the 1995 eruption of the Soufriere Hills volcano that buried the island’s capital city. Windstar Cruises will also be offering a selection of voyages that highlight the ABC Islands. Highlights from the European collection include a 7-day circumnavigation of Iceland.
“Windstar Cruises strives to offer voyages that truly bring the guests closer to smaller ports and intimate experiences,” said Hans Birkholz, Windstar’s president and chief executive officer. “Our 2016 Voyage Collection does just that. Guests can experience the unique wonders of Montserrat to the wild beauty of Iceland, and everything in between.”
All itineraries will feature a spectacular Private Event, created exclusively for Windstar Cruises guests. These complimentary events were crafted to give guests an in depth local experience. Private Events include activities such as enjoying a concert at the Blue Church in Seydisfjordur, Iceland or dining on typical Catlan tapas at the Roman amphitheater of Tarragona in Spain.
New 2016 Caribbean Voyages
- San Juan & the Virgin Islands – 7 Days: Explore hidden harbors and legendary islands as you cruise from historic San Juan to the pristine Virgin Islands. Sailing round trip from San Juan, Puerto Rico highlights include Isla Culebra, Puerto Rico, and Montserrat.
- Gems of the Leeward Islands – 10 Days: Discover the breadth and depth of the Eastern Caribbean on nine distinctly different ports round trip from San Juan, Puerto Rico. Highlights include an overnight in Virgin Gorda.
- Caribbean Hideaways – 7 Days: Spend pampered days in the secret hideaways of the Caribbean, kayaking off the Watersports Platform and walking on uncrowded beaches. Sailing from San Juan, Puerto Rico to Bridgetown, Barbados (or reverse), highlights include Montserrat and St. Vincent & the Grenadines.
- Best of the ABC Islands – 7 Days: From nutmeg-scented Grenada to Aruba’s sugar-white beaches, the magical “ABC” islands have the recipe for a perfect holiday. The voyages begin in Bridgetown, Barbados and sail to Oranjestad, Aruba (or reverse) and feature Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao.
- Dutch Delights & Rainforest Retreats – 14 Days: A care-free Caribbean vacation, an epic passage through the Panama Canal, and an eco-tourism adventure to one of the world’s most biodiverse destinations—all in one. Starting in Oranjestad, Aruba and sailing to Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica, this 2-week voyage features a Panama Canal transit and Cartagena, Colombia.
- Icons of the Dutch Caribbean – 7/8 Days: Discover all there is to love about the Dutch Caribbean—world-class diving and windsurfing, pastel-colored towns, and a relaxed ambiance that perfectly complements Windstar. Starting in Colon Panama, and finishing in Philipsburg, St. Maarten (or reverse), this itinerary stops in Cartagena, Colombia, Aruba, and Bonaire.
- Secrets of the Southern Caribbean – 7 Days: Discover the “deep south” of the Caribbean, beyond the mainstream cruises, from islands acclaimed for their crystalline waters to seldom-visited mainland ports. The voyage begins in Colon, Panama and cruises to Oranjestad, Aruba with stops in Colombia and the ABC islands.
For a full list of 2016 Caribbean voyages, visit our website.
New 2016 Central America Voyages
- Naturally Costa Rica – 7 Days: At the confluence of two oceans, two continents, and two climates, Costa Rica is one of the most ecologically diverse places on earth. Highlights include a stop in Quepos to visit Manuel Antonio National Park, and a visit to Nicaragua.
For a full list of 2016 Central America voyages, visit our website.
New 2016 Northern European Voyages
- Around Iceland – 7 Days: Explore the fascinating island of Iceland on a complete circumnavigation, experiencing the best of Iceland while visiting rare ports of call off the beaten path. This round trip voyage from Reykjavik features many Icelandic gems, including an overnight in Seydisfjordur and a stop at Akureyri.
- Lands of the Midnight Sun – 11 Days: Sail under the Midnight Sun to sparkling Norwegian fjords, steaming Icelandic geysers, ancient Scottish standing stones, and the bucolic Faroe Islands. Sailing from Dublin, Ireland to Reykjavic, Iceland, highlights include Iceland’s Blue Lagoon and Molde, Norway.
For a full list of Northern Europe itineraries, visit our website.
New 2016 Mediterranean Voyages
- Treasures of Southern Spain & Morocco – 8 Days: From grand UNESCO monuments to Andalucia’s charming “white villages,” this voyage showcases the best of Southern Spain and Morocco. Sailing from Lisbon to Barcelona (or reverse), this voyage features stops in Ibizia and Tarragona, Spain.
For a full list of 2016 Mediterranean voyages, visit our website.
2016 Voyage Collection
In addition to the new itineraries, Windstar Cruises 2016 Voyage Collection features over 26 unique voyages. Windstar will continue to sail year round in Tahiti with two voyages, Dreams of Tahiti and Tahiti & the Tuamotu Islands, a magical collection of islands best seen by sailing yacht. Other guest favorites include a variety of itineraries in Italy and Greece such as Classic Italy & Dalmatian Coast and Greek Isles & Turkish Delights.
To see the entire 2016 Voyage Collection, visit our website. To book a Windstar Cruises voyage, contact a travel professional, or call Windstar Cruises at 800-258-7245.