After more than 10 years away, we made our much anticipated return to Tahiti this week. Wind Spirit sailed into Papeete, Tahiti, Thursday evening following a transpacific voyage from Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica.
Through November 7, 2014 Wind Spirit will offer a 7-day voyage through the beautiful French Polynesian islands, with overnights in Moorea, Raiatea, and Bora Bora. The cruise beings in Papeete and visits:
- Moorea – the beauty of this unforgettable island of love lies in drama and adventure.
- Taha’a – this fragrant island is known for its abundance of vanilla and offers a glimpse of the traditional tranquil life of the Tahitians.
- Raiatea – recognized through Tahiti as the ‘Sacred Island,’ it also serves as the cultural heart of French Polynesia.
- Huahine – known as the Garden of Eden, with lush forests, untamed landscape, and quaint villages.
- Bora Bora – considered the most romantic island in the world.
In Bora Bora, the most romantic island in the world, guests can purchase a romance package which lets them spend a utopian night in a luxurious overwater bungalow, complete with large glass floors and direct access to Tahiti’s pristine turquoise waters. The evening also includes a private beachside dinner, followed by an indulgent breakfast delivered the next morning by an outrigger canoe and served on the bungalow’s private deck.
Dreams of Tahiti is the first Windstar itinerary to debut our new Private Events, an exclusive event created solely for Windstar guests. Private Events will be complimentary on all 2015 itineraries. The 2014 Tahiti Private Event features a dinner of tender freshly cooked suckled pig served on a secluded private island or “motu,” followed by a dazzling performance by local fire dancers.
We’re also offering an onboard snorkeling and dive program. Our instructors offer excursions for all experience levels to some of the world’s most notable diving locations, including the wreck of the Nordby — a 3-masted ship that sank more than 100 years ago or to the many unspoiled coral gardens where butterfly fish, groupers, and hundreds of other exotic rainbow-colored species live.
We’re in Tahiti and we can’t wait to sail with you soon!